Thursday, November 1, 2007

HW 27 "First two entries of Baghdad Burning"

“Baghdad Burning”
By Riverbend
The Feminist Press at the City University of New York, New The Feminist Press at the City University of New York, New York
Foreword by Ahdaf Soueif
Introduction by James Ridgeway
Copyright 2005

“Baghdad Burning” was written by Riverbend in the year 2003. As the cover states, the book is basically ‘A girl blog from Iraq’. The story is composed of short blog entries of a young girl in her twenties being on the outskirts of watching the war in Iraq and what she is able to witness and her views and opinions on the battle. I think that this book was written because it was a way for people to be able to understand what was going on in the war. As it says on the first page of the introduction, “And to many of her readers, these entries have become perhaps the most important source of news from Iraq”. From reading this book, I feel it’s beneficial and that I will be able to get a better understanding of the war of Iraq. I will be able to feel as if I was there through her reading what went through her mind and what occurred that she had witnessed. Some challenges that will go through my mind through reading a type of book like this is I feel that my personal views may change from seeing what the young girl had to go through from just being on the outside looking in.

No comments: