Wednesday, November 14, 2007

HW 35 "Last Blog Post"

Having a class where I had to read about a certain topic in a book and be able to give my own opinion to questions on the reading and how I feel about what the author is discussing was really a lot more effective then just answering questions on what I read. I enjoyed being able to say how I feel, even if I completely agree or disagree with what the author is saying. I learned that I was able to speak my mind and give my own opinion and put it into words better through my writing. In the future, if someone were to read my blog posts would hope that by reading them they would be able to get something out of them. Maybe not learn something of what I read about in a story, but at least the style of writing and how I responded to another person’s opinion. The work on all of my blogs I am most proud of is the chapters of the stories I read and where I summarized what happened. From the book, “They Say, I Say”, it gave me many tips on what to always include in a summary and what’s not important. I probably won’t keep the blog posts that I have written about for the past thirteen weeks for this blog class. I won’t delete them, but I will always keep up just in case I need them for future reference to help me with another class. If I ever need some info from for example, the book “Baghdad Burning” I can easily log in and access a summary of the first few chapters of the book. I feel that this class really helped my writing skills and gave me a good idea on what is expected in an opinionated response based class.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nicely done. Glad you're keeping the posts.