Wednesday, October 3, 2007

HW 17 "Jack Abramoff: High School Bully"

After browsing through the recent posts in the blogs I am watching, there was one that I read that I found to be very interesting. Under feminist blogs, the post I chose to respond to was titled, “High School Bully” by Jack Abramoff. According to this post, Abramoff starts off by saying, “This is sure to cheer the high school bully victims among you”. In it, he tells the story of a young boy who always brought a cello to class. He was known as the ‘class nerd’. There was a particular bully in his school that would push him around and make fun of him with his friends. Many years later when the nerd had grown up he heard a story about the bully becoming a criminal and his story of what he did all over newspapers across the country. I’ve always believed that what goes around comes around. This specific story in my opinion follows that quote. I believe that even though it’s a sad story about a youth’s negative experience through high school, it’s definitely a good way of getting across the point that if you do something wrong in your life karma does come back to you.

No comments: