Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 17B "Which Blog would most likely influence the way I would vote in the coming election"

After reading the two blogs, “Blogging the Presidency, An Interview with Markos Moulitsas Zuniga” and “Sex, Lies, and Political Scrapes: An Interview with Ana Marie Cox” I feel that the reading that would most likely influence the way I would vote in a coming election is “Blogging the Presidency”. In this interview with Zuniga, he discusses the reasoning for why he started to blog. His main reason was for blogging after the Afghanistan War. He said that the country was criticizing the president which seemed to be an “unpatriotic act”. He felt that he needed a place where he could “have an outlet to vent”. He felt that by starting a blog which he called the DailyKos, he “could get things off his chest and hopefully not go crazy”. Considering I am now eighteen years old and I am at the legal age to vote, I feel that this interview would have much more of an impact of who I would vote for. Bloggers always seem to be honest and have more of an opinion on issues in the world than the media does. In my opinion, what separates “Blogging the Presidency” and “Sex, Lies, and Political Scrapes” is that this second Blog seems to be more of a gossipy blog rather than a legit blog that discusses the real issues about the presidential election. “She gets to write about whatever she finds funny- everything from the sexual preferences and habits of Bush Administration officials to the sexual preferences and habits of everyone else in Washington”. This type of blog doesn’t seem appealing to me and wouldn’t help influence the way I would vote in the coming election.

No comments: