Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW 6 Interest Statement

After looking over the possible options on the list for the Semester-Long Project, I was able to decide what interested me.
The social computing technologies that interested me were email and email lists, instant messaging, and social networking services. I found these to be fascinating because these three choices I already use in my free time when I am on the computer. I enjoy using them and have much background on the three.
The type of employment of marginalized groups that I am most interested in finding out about are overcoming sexism, overcoming racism, and overcoming ageism (inequities based on youth or lack of youth). I find these three topics to be very interesting to me because they are controversial issues.
The two geographical areas that I am interested in learning about are North America and the United States. Because I live in the United States I think it would be fascinating to look deeper into what kind of issues are occurring in our country today. Learning about the issues in North America would also interest me because I can compare the problems that occur here to that of it North America. I can see how they are similar and differ.

No comments: